If you are going all out, you might as well make it good! That's my motto- it has to be memorable or else don't even bring it close to your lips darlin'. Goodiva truffles are pricey and quite honestly they have generally sat in a box on a shelf for goodness knows how long. Homemade truffles is where it's at- and for all you divas who love nutella as much as I do, here you go- Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles.
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 dozen truffles